Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Favorite Things...

Ohh how I LOVE Christmas time!! I love everything about it...decorations, crafts, activities, the songs, houses all lit up, children's excitement, Santa and Reindeer stories, and ohhh the smell of our "mistletoe" scentsy...mmmm just like pine!

I was sitting at the table the other day talking on the phone and began looking around our house at all the decorations and lights that are up and kids playing and I had this moment of peace and honest happiness as everything around me just made me - well, happy! So of course I wanted to share a few of my most favorite things about this time of year...

This was about a week ago when I got to share a night with just Kaylee and me at her pre-school Christmas Party. I loved that time I was able to spend with just her!


The kids with Santa at our wards Christmas Party.


The week of Thanksgiving Main Street is totally transformed into this (and I'm not kidding) Winter Wonderstreet!!! There's lighted garland around EVERY light pole, either a tree -snowman - or Santa at the top of every pole AND lighted snowflakes on EVERY pole. At Cobble Rock Park you get as close as you'd like to the beautiful decorations. This is where we took our family picture this year.

This is what each pole looks like right now...


The trees they set up during Christmas time make such cute back drops and the 5 inches of snow we got the day before made it just perfect.


Our awesome neighbors brought these cute, cute wiggly headbands for the kids that brought lots of smiles...




And these are just a few of my FAVORITE decorations around our home...


(whoa these tedious stockings were such a pain to make, but just beautiful hanging by the fireplace!)


The top of my cabinets are full of some more favorite Christmas decor but I cant show those until I post our kitchen refinishing project! Soon, soon...

These I. Just. Love. Cindy has been helping me collect these for the past few years and when we bought our townhouse last year we were able to bring the piano that Kevin's lovely sister Kristin gave us to give these beautiful houses a new home for Christmas time!


Such a easy and quick decoration but Oh. So. Cute.!!!!


Our lovely wreath that we won at Kevin's work party.


And to try and explain this dark, blurry picture you'll just have to go to Lowe's and buy these Incredible, Awesome and the funnest EVER glasses (only for $2) that turn EVERY light into a snowflake. Yea - you heard me right:) These glasses are the coolest thing. We leave them in our cars glove box so when we're driving around at night the kids can look at all the decorated houses turn into a million snowflakes!! I tried to capture a picture of our tree thru the glasses...you'll just have to go buy yourself some to see the real thing:) :)!!!


And along with every activity this month I've had some fun crafts I've been busy with...
A Joyful Countdown to Christmas...


...and Kay and Khloe's bows have totally taken over our upstairs bathroom so I've been trying to figure out a way to organize them better. Well one night at Tim and Brittany's house I saw this canvas striped with ribbon that she had bought at Pottery Barn...really really cute, but soooo far beyond my budget. So...I headed over to the DI found an old cork board, covered it with some old fabric I had and used some ribbon to make strips to attach the bows onto.


...after most of the bows are on it. I'm workin on another.


And of course after you enjoy all the fun this season brings...I love. this. part!! Sweet Dreams:)

No comments: