Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas is in the air!

So its the day before Christmas and I just realized I haven't put up pictures of the kids decorating our tree yet...its only been a month, but I guess better late then never!

This year we went to Salt Lake for Thanksgiving. I love, love love Christmas and if I could I'd have the decorations up all year...seriously! So I was a little bummed to be coming home to a fall decorated house. But a few days before we left for the city Kevin told me that if I did all the decorating then I could go ahead and put up Christmas stuff (he didn't want to have anything to do with it that early). So you better believe I started that day!

When he got home from work we went to Lowe's and picked out a tree. One of these years we'll do like most people in this town and go chop one down ourselves...this year was just a little busy.

Kaylee and Kollin starting the ornaments.


Kev helping with the ones up high.




This picture really doesn't show the lights very good but its gorgeous all lite up!


Something else we did recently was go to Kollin's Christmas Program at school. He did AWESOME!! He knew every word to every song. There were a few moments that I just laughed because he was sooo into the song...check out the video below (taken from our new LOVELY video camera!!!). "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" is one of our absolute favorite Christmas songs and he was ecstatic when he got to sing it in his program!




Also, twice a month the kids and I go to Lowe's for their "Build and Grow" free workshop. the kids get to make lots of funnnn things. They get goggles and aprons (that they can keep) and get to use cute kiddie hammers! Its fun watching them hammer and literally "build" crafts!

All decked out before we started...


Kaylee hammering away!


Tonight we were invited by some really great friends of ours to join them for a night of chili and dessert and participate in a Christmas Nativity. Us girls were angelic angels, Kevin was a Shepard, Kollin was a Lamb and Koop was a King. It was a lot of fun and a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle that Christmas sometimes brings!





Kollin started as a Shepard but decided to be a lamb instead.


The Angelic Angels:)


Tomorrow is filled with making treats for Santa and spending the evening with Tim and his family. Wow...I cannot believe that its finally here! I'm so grateful to have such great friends and family around to spend the Holidays with! I probably wont blog until after all the excitement so until then...

No comments: