Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Christmas Holiday...Part 1

First I have to post this because its such a beautiful picture! While we were down in Salt Lake for Thanksgiving all the Ashcrafts got together and finally got a family picture.


I am just sooo sad that Christmas is over!! Its that one Holiday that we get soooo overly excited for all year long and then its over:( I downloaded the pictures from my camera and realized just how many pictures I took...really I think I have a little obsession (or sickness!).

On December 10th we celebrated our little girls 3rd birthday! I shed quite a few tears multiple times that day just watching her and realizing how big she is getting...its such a sweet sadness to know that my baby girl is 3!


That morning we helped her make a special Birthday shirt and played in the 150 balloons that were spread around the house. the kids even made this awesome thing on the wall (just excuse the non centered tiny picture...we were moving some things around). Kollin figured out how to rub the balloon on the couch to create static and then stick them to the wall. He soon had all the kids helping him and ended up with this...


That afternoon Khloe chose Macaroni and Cheese for dinner (not to fancy huh...but she is her momma's kid! Mac and Cheese is our favorite!) We enjoyed cake and ice cream and opened some presents.


The one thing she wanted to do was go to the rec center and swim...so in 30 degree weather we walked in ready to swim. But she was so happy the entire time!


That night she got the present she has been waiting for...
a new bike!!

Happy Birthday Khloe...now STOP growing so fast!! We love you!

A few days later we got some AWESOME snow! I only say that because the last two years we've had a hard time making a snow man because its soooo dry. But this year the kids and I were successful!!
Meet Mrs. Frosty the Snow woman!


Kollin also participated in his Holiday piano recital. He played "Up on the Housetop" and of course played it from memory and did amazing. Sometimes he simply amazes me at his talent!!






Also Kevin had a work meeting in Denver Colorado and I was able to go with him...I dont have any pictures (crazy huh!) but it was such a relaxing and awesome 2 days. They put us up in the Ritz Carlton and there are simply no words for the amenities we had included and awesome service we were given! My amazing sister Stacey came out for Monday and Tuesday and played taxi while taking the kids back and forth from school and other activities. Its exhausting taking care of these 4 kids sometimes but she did amazing all the while taking care of her 2 little ones also. We owe her big time! It gave Kevin and I a wonderful few days off together!

When we got back the kids and I drove her back to Salt Lake City and spent a few days playing with her and Grammy (my Mom). My Mom took us to this Fun Center which is frankly all it is...a center full of FUN!! It had rollerskating, bouncers...that ADULTS got to play on (yea!! We acted like a bunch of 6 year olds!!), lots and lots of arcade games and a huge jungle gym to climb thru.


My Mom jumping with Khloe and Kooper...


Kollin and Kooper in complete fun heaven!


Stacey taking Rylan down a huge slide...doesn't her face just say how much fun it was;) Rylan of course I don't think took a breath the whole way down:)


He he...Grammy and Kaylee loosing their stomachs down another slide. MAN it was a blast!


Khloe playing in the ball pit...


The kids and Grammy playing some arcade games...


In the same building they have a rollerskating rink where you could rent scooters. The kids and I...


Grammy and Kaylee skating around the bouncers...


The night before the kids and I headed back to Vernal we got to go down to Provo and attend my cousin Cameron's Missionary Testimony Meeting. He was going home to Virginia that next day after serving his two year mission all around Utah. We are sooo proud of him and were sooooo excited to see him before he left!


Think that's all the fun...nope! This past weekend we had Stacey and my Mom come out for Christmas and had such a great time spending those two days together. I'll get those up soon. I hope everyone had a wonderful wonderful Christmas and if I don't get back before then have a Happy Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

Stacey and Kyle Nielsen said...

Oh I cannot believe you posted that picture of Rylan and I coming down that slide. Man, I look scary!! I really did lose my stomach on it! I also will have to add that I love Mom's face in the following picture...she looks pretty scared herself...lol! Great pictures! Kollin looks like a little gentleman! He's getting so big!! And I also love The Ashcraft family picture! It really turned out cute with the black in the snow! Cold, but really cute!

Michelle said...

That bounce house looks like a blast!! I'll have to get the name and address from you so I can take Kobe next time were in SLC. Happy Birthday Khloe and Merry Christmas to you all!!

Our ABC Family said...

Happy birthday khloe!!! Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun! Love the pictures!