Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My first 5K race!

If you thought there was not much to do in a small town like this well...you were right! When we moved here I had a hard time adjusting to no stores or malls or restaurants. That was until I fell in love with this place -


I dont know how I would have made it here without our Rec Center! Its seriously my second home and a daily (sometimes twice a day) activity! I have found a love for running, spinning, swimming and have found opportunities to play on volleyball leagues and this summer Im playing in a soccer league with my brother and sister-in-law!

So 2 weeks ago Brittany (my sis-in-law) talked me into running the local 5K race with her and Tim and Im sooo glad she did. It was very nerve-wrecking at first but once I got going I just wanted to beat everybody!

Here's me at the end of the race...I came in 37th out of 170.


And here's Brittany and Timmy.


In June there's a Dino-triatholon that Im training for...but Im have one issue...curse that Cafe' Rio!!!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Wow, that's quite an accomplishment! So that's what people do out in Vernal!!