Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Virginia Safari Park!

This is one of the COOLEST places in Virginia. Its near Natural Bridge and Lexington - called the Virginia Safari Park. If you are EVER in Virginia you HAVE to visit this place!!! The kids and I went with my sisters Kim and Melinda and my Dad and Denise. We got there at about 10:30 in the morning and it was PERFECT because all the animals were STARVING!! They were crazy and it was just so fun with the kids.

We piled everyone into our car, rolled our back window down and let the animals have at us:) We had buckets of food that we could give them but it took us loosing a few to figure out the trick so the animals wouldn't take them away...you'll see pictures later!

Kim going face to face with a Llama. I don't know if you can tell but Kollin is squishing himself against the window to get away from the thing!!


These Camels were I think, the grossest, smelliest, crappin' biggest animals I've ever been this close to! This is right outside my window!


This is a short video of the camels...


Kooper getting more used to the Zebras.


Like I said - they were STARVING!!! We got two in the window at the same time!


They also have this Zoo area with Tigers, Monkeys, Goats, Kangaroos...there was so much to see.



Kim and Kooper.


Enjoying some yummy Ice Cream.


Okay, here's an example of loosing our buckets. They would bite onto it and....


...we never saw it again!! Look at the HORNS on this fellow!


They have Deer, Elk, Llamas, Zebras, Giraffes, Ostrich, and SO MUCH more!! Even Bison...It was crazy them being so close to us!




And I remember these things from when I went years ago - but the Ostrich were CRAZY!!! They peck the food so fast that the kids were seriously dying!!
Here's Kaylee making a new friend:)


Thank you Dad and Denise!!
post signature

2 comments:

The LeNeave's said...

I have loved reading your blog the last several days. I have a few places to go on my list now, since we leave in a couple of weeks! Thanks.

By the way...You have the cuties kids ever!

Stacey and Kyle Nielsen said...

Wow! What a summer vacation!! And to think that was only 3 weeks. Water Country, Busch Gardens, and the Safari Park (which I still have never been to), and all that time spent with family in Virginia… I’m definitely jealous! But then when I think about my prego self in a swim suit trying to compete with your skinny beach bod… it’s a good thing I wasn’t there. I know you’d eventually catch me in one of these shots. I’m glad you all had such a blast!! You’re kids are so spoiled with fun!! They get to do so much! What a great Mom!!