Monday, April 28, 2008

New SUV day

Yeah...no more mini-van!!! Kevin and I have been thinking about buying a new SUV for a few months now. We have been known for impulse car-buying and with gas prices these days we really wanted to make sure this was what we wanted. Well, we took the plunge and bought a 2005 Toyota Sequoia!!! We got a great deal on it and the most exciting part...no more mini-van!!! We both have been driving vans since we were 15 and have had enough. This thing is sooSOSOsoooso beautiful! Lots of room inside and isnt red (a huge plus for me). Kevin has wanted a truck for years and is loving how close this comes to it!

We have a few rules with this one though. With the van we were so relaxed. I had even mastered "french fry throwing" and could chuck it to land exactly in their laps. But they are just as excited as we are about the new car. Today kollin told me that he liked being bigger and higher than the other cars.

Stats: 2005 Toyota Sequoia, gold, 8 passenger, longer than any car I've ever owned, also used as a playground/fort by my children. Lots of places for them to explore. Hooray for new SUV day:)

2 comments:

kristin said...

congrats on the new car!!! how exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I know you were so sick of your van. So good for you. That is what Tim and I were looking at getting, but for now we decided to save, save, save. So maybe when the darn market gets better well bye a home. Britt